Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for Bold

So yesterday I did something I thought I wouldn't ever do.  I said yes to be a speaker for a youth event at church.  Why anyone had the thought to ask me and why I said yes, I may never know. But they did and I did and yikes! Talk about out of my comfort zone. I spent almost 3 weeks after being asked to do it trying to find an excuse not to.  

Thing is... I didn't have one.

I figured if I didn't have any reason not to then I should probably say yes to the opportunity   However, I am supposed to talk about fasting and since I can't participate in traditional going without food fasts, due to some medical stuff, I feel kind of in over my head.  Add that to the fact we have only been at this church 5 months and I know next to none of the kids in the youth group and I'm nearly in panic mode.  Fortunately I have a few weeks to both calm down and figure out what it is God would have me say to these teens. Hopefully at the end of the month I'll be able to report that I didn't completely crash and burn :)

1 comment: