Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for About

In an effort to spend a little more time on me I have decided to join an April challenge at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/. I'll be blogging everyday but Sunday and in alphabetical order :) Hopefully this small exercise will remind me why I love to write and give me a few minutes of alone time each day.  

A is for About...

I am passionate about my family, friends, and just people in general.  I love to get to know people and find ways to serve and meet needs but my first service is always to my family. I always wanted to be a mom and have been incredibly blessed in that regard with Sam who is 6, Reg who is 4, and Grai who is 2. What I never wanted to be was a pastor's wife, but God has a strange sense of humor sometimes. In 2005 I fell in love with and married my husband Tyler, who is a Worship Arts Pastor. Eventually I fell in love with being in the ministry as well, although you'll never catch me up front with him.




Sam & Regi
Tyler & Grai

This blog began as a private outlet following the death of my mother in 2011.  I have never endured anything that has so strongly tested my faith, perseverance, and motivations, as losing my mom has.  Writing has always been my outlet and has become a source of healing for me. Slowly I have decided to begin making some of those posts public because I think it's important that we all understand life is messy and ugly sometimes.  Faith is no different. There are days where my faith is strong and resolve is sure, as well as days I totally fail and I have written during them both. I'm looking forward to this challenge even though I know it's going to stretch me a little.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carey, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am so sorry about the loss of your mother, I can't even imagine. I can totally relate to your thoughts on faith, strong one day, faltering the next - thankfully He never falters! A Pastor's wife is a special calling for sure!! I'm looking forward to following your blog and getting to know you more through your writing :)

    ReplyDelete